Seventeen Skin Wow Liquid Highlighter

Thursday, 15 October 2015


For quite a while I have been mixing the L'Oreal lumi magique primer with my foundation / bb cream of choice as it gives my skin an incredible glow but as that's coming to an end, I thought I would try to find a cheaper alternative. After reading quite a few reviews, I decided to pick up the Seventeen skin wow liquid highlighter. I've been using it for a little while now, so I thought it was about time I shared my thoughts.

The highlighter is marketed as a multi use product - it can be used as a primer, mixed into foundation or as a typical highlighter. I have applied it in all three ways & I found that mixing it with my foundation / bb cream works the best for me. When I used it as a primer, it didn't prolong the wear of my makeup or disguise my pores & if it's used as a typical highlighter, it tends to move around any product that is underneath. The highlighter is a pearlescent pink shade that has some pretty obvious shimmer particles running through it, so it's best to take the 'less is more' approach with this. When mixed with a foundation or bb cream, the shimmer particles aren't as noticeable - it just leaves the skin with a healthy radiant glow. On days where I haven't slept very well & my skin is looking pretty dull, I have been applying the lumi magique over my primer & then mixing this with my foundation as it gives my skin an extra boost without it being over the top.

So, I didn't manage to find a cheaper liquid highlighter that is just as good as the L'Oreal offering but it's a pretty good alternative. I know this review has been pretty mixed but even though it didn't become my new holy grail glow giving product, I do really like it & will continue to use it. I definitely recommend trying it out, you never know.. you may absolutley adore it.

What is your favourite glow giving product? Are you a fan of the Seventeen liquid highlighter?

2 comments:

  1. I mix this with my more heavy coverage foundations and love how it looks. I really want to try MAC Strobe Liquid but the price tag really puts me off. So until I can treat myself, I'm happy with this! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works so well when mixed with foundations, it gives the skin such a lovely glow. I have heard so many good things about the Mac Strobe Liquid, I think this & the lumi magique are both pretty good alternatives (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric