Barry M Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer & Make Me Blush Cream - Peach Melba

Thursday, 27 August 2015


Barry M is my go to brand for nail polishes but I was never really interested in the makeup side of things until I spotted these beauties. I'm a huge fan of brightening concealers/cream blush sticks & I've heard some pretty great things, so my hopes were fairly high. I'm going to spoil it for you now & say that they certainly didn't disappoint.

The Barry M Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer has a creamy yet lightweight texture that blends like an absolute dream. It takes seconds! It is infused with Cucumber & Aloe that soothe & hydrate the skin which is perfect for the delicate eye area. As the concealer is supposed to reflect the light, I intended to use this to highlight the skin - under my eyes, cheekbones, cupids bow, brow bone etc. so I didn't expect much in terms of coverage but it manages to conceal everything from dark circles to blemishes while still giving the skin a super natural glow that doesn't draw attention to the things you want to be concealed. Is it magic? I think so. The lasting power is pretty impressive even with this horrifically hot weather we have had lately & it isn't prone to creasing, settling into fine lines or oxidising throughout the day. It doesn't come with your typical doe foot applicator, it has a small brush that is perfect for pin point concealing & highlighting smaller areas.

The Barry M Make Me Blush Cream comes in a handy twist up stick applicator. So it's more hygenic & there is no need for a sharpener. Out of the three shades available, I thought Peach Melba would look the best on my skin. It is a lovely pale pinky peach shade that is perfect for creating a natural flush. When first applied the blush looks quite intense but after blending it becomes more of a sheer wash of colour. It has a blendable yet budge proof formula & as it contains Jojoba Oil & Shea Butter, it's hydrating enough to glide over any dry patches & keep my skin looking fresh & healthy. The cream blush is pretty long lasting, I can get more than 7 hours of wear with it only fading slightly by the time I remove it. I like to apply the product directly to my skin & use a stipple brush to blend it out. I will then warm up my hands & gently pat it with my fingers to make sure it has an even finish.

I'm so impressed with the concealer & cream blush from Barry M. The quality is amazing & they are quite affordable. They both retail for £4.49 each & are currently Buy 1 get 2nd half price on the Boots website.

What products have you tried from Barry M's makeup range? 




6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so surprised I am not going to lie I didn't think they'd be that impressive, I definitely want to try out the concealer now xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is incredible! I definitely recommend trying it, it's all i've been using (: I'd love to know your thoughts on it when you try it out (: xx

      Delete
  2. I'm all over this concealer, it's fantastic! xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The quality is amazing & it's really affordable (: xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for being follower 300 and helping me reach a new milestone! I'm the same and always browse the nail polishes but nothing else from Barry M, would be interesting to give these a try xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem (: I definitely recommend giving their makeup range a go. If you do, I'd love to know your thoughts (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric