Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - Light Porcelain

Thursday, 30 July 2015


I have declared my love of Rimmel before, they have some incredible products but I mainly love them for their foundations/bb creams as they are not only amazing quality but actually cater for pale skin tones. My current favourite is the Wake Me Up foundation but I may have found something that is threatening to take the top spot.

I'm a big fan of the original Lasting Finish foundation - the shade, coverage & lasting power is amazing but I found that after a while it felt quite heavy on the skin. So when I spotted the Lasting Finish Nude foundation, I was pretty excited. Rimmel have made some pretty impressive claims that the nude foundation is sweat, heat, humidity & transfer proof for up to 25 hours & as we're having some horrifcally hot weather, I have been able to really put those claims to the test.

When applied the foundation looks very natural on the skin. It has a medium coverage but it can be built up/sheered out depending on what tool you use. I personally like to apply this with a buffing brush & then go in with a damp complexion sponge to make sure everything is looking flawless. I do find that using the damp sponge does sheer it out little but for the most part, I like to stick to a light-medium coverage in the warmer months. If I have some unwelcome visitors & need a little more coverage, I will go in with a small amount of concealer. Unlike the original Lasting Finish foundation, the nude version feels very lightweight on the skin which in turn allows my skin to breath. Even though I baught both foundations in the same shade, the nude version seems to be paler & have more of a pink undertone. When it comes to the claims of it being sweat, heat & humidity proof for up to 25 hours - it's definitely long lasting, I haven't tested it for 25 hours as I like sleep far too much for that but even with the insane weather we have had, it can definitely hold it's own againt the heat. My main concern when I purchase a foundation is whether it's going to work for my dry skin/enlarged pore situation but as it contains a moisturising serum gel - it glides over the skin, leaving it feeling hydrated without sinking into pores or making any dry areas more visable.

All in all, I absolutely adore this foundation. The shade is a perfect match for my skintone, it gives amazing coverage while still being lightweight, it holds it's own againt the heat/my serial face touching & it has spf 20. I couldn't recommend it enough as it has become my most reached for foundation since purchasing it.

Are you a fan of Rimmel? What is your go to foundation when the sun comes out?



6 comments:

  1. I have tried a few Rimmel foundations & always been impressed by them. I like the sound of this one - lightweight & good staying power, I will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one is your favourite? It's an amazing foundation, I literally can't fault it one bit. I'd love to know what your thoughts are when you try it out (: xx

      Delete
  2. I do love this foundation, it is pretty lightweight with a great amount of light coverage for summer time! I do love my Bourjois Healthy Mix one too though :)

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quickly become a firm favourite for the warmer months, although I think it would also be great in the winter as it doesn't make my dry areas stand out. I have the healthy mix serum & it is really nice but I don't think the shade suites my skin very well :/ xx

      Delete
  3. I've only tried the original version but not this, however it's been on my radar for some time now. I love that it works well for your dry skin and enlarged pores, because that's pretty much my two main skin concerns also. I must check it out soon x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend giving it a go! It makes my skin look amazing even when I skip primer. I'd love to know how you get on with it (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric