Aberdare Park

Saturday, 11 July 2015



 Yesterday my boyfriend & I decided to get out of the house for a bit & visit a local park. We were planning on having a picnic but then the McDonald's temptation set in.. so we changed our plans haha. It was probably a good thing that we were planning to get the picnic food while we were there. I had never been to this particular park before so when Matt mentioned that there are usually ducks, squirrels etc. I had to make sure I had my camera handy at all times. I managed to get quite a few lovely photos of the birds & I did see a gorgeous squirrel but he was a bit too quick to get any non blurry photos. The park also has some beautiful flowers, they are all in perfectly selected plots. There is also a little play area for the kids & plenty of benches dotted around, so it would be a lovely place for a family day out. 

As I was wearing some recent clothing purchases, I thought it would be a great place to attempt some outfit photos. I have only ever taken them in my garden, so the publicness of it all made me feel a little anxious but thankfully Matt was being his wonderfully weird self, so I started to relax pretty quickly. The outfit post should be up fairly soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Before we went home, we popped into one of my favourite cafe's - The Upper Room. Matt & I both tried the Oreo Milkshake & it was delicious! It came with a generous helping of whipped cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate sprinkles & a oreo on top. It may have been the nicest looking milkshake I have ever had.

We really enjoyed our little day out but it is very nice to be home as I made the silly mistake of wearing new sandals on a hot day... my feet are a little sore to say the least. If you live near Aberdare or you're planning on visiting soon, then I definitely recommend getting a lovely drink & a slice of cake from The Upper Room & taking a stroll through the park.

 ♡

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely day out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, it's such a lovely park (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric