Shopping The Sample Stash

Wednesday, 20 May 2015


I have acquired quite a few tiny versions of beauty products & I will admit that they rarely get any love. The mini products I do use often have made themselves at home in my main makeup storage - I'm not sure how much use I would get out of them if they weren't easily reached for. I had a rummage through my little jar of samples & picked out a few products that I wanted to get more use out of.

Smashbox HD Concealer
The concealer has a thick & creamy consistency which means it covers every single blemish & blends like a dream. It has a medium coverage but it can be built up without it becoming cakey or feeling heavy on the skin. I have the shade Light but as you can probably see from the tube, it is not even close to that shade. I have found mixing it with another concealer really helps to make it a better shade for my skin without changing how the concealer applies or wears throughout the day.

Kat Von D Lipstick - Adora
 The lipstick is a gorgeous metallic red. When I look at the bullet, there appears to be very subtle gold shimmer but this doesn't transfer onto the lips as far as I can tell. As the lipstick is insanely pigmented, you only need one swipe to get an opaque finish. It is long wearing, comfortable to wear & it doesn't bleed or feather.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer - Original
 The eyeshadow primer has a very creamy, almost silk like texture. It has a nude tint to it that does help to neutralise the skin, making any redness or veins less noticeable. As I have oily lids, I don't find many primers that keep my eyeshadow in place all day long without creasing or fading but this one does the job so well. I find that you only need a small amount so even if you only have a sample size, it will last you for quite a long time.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
The primer is an oil-free, silicone based gel that feels very silky when applied to the skin. It blurs the appearance of pores/fine lines, helps my makeup to apply flawlessly & has dramatically improved how long my makeup lasts throughout the day. This little tube has lasted so well & I'm no where near finishing it as the tiniest bit goes such a long way.

Benefit Blush - Coralista
The blush is a mid toned coral shade with subtle gold shimmer. I like to use this when my skin looks a little dull as the shimmer gives me a warm healthy glow. It is buttery soft, easy to apply,  blends well & the pigmentation is amazing! You only need to lightly dust the brush over it & you have enough to give your cheeks a beautiful flush of colour.  

What products do you need to get more use out of?

♡  

4 comments:

  1. I seem to have acquired a gazillion mascara samples. Thanks to my old GlossyBox addiction and magazine subscriptions :p
    Gillian xx EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mainly have benefit samples so I have a few tubes of they're real (: I love trying out new mascaras so that would be great for me haha xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, your blog is so cute and neat! Benefit Box powders are my ultimate fave, I actually have them all *shame* :D
    Definitely a new follower, your blog is an eyecatcher!
    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Your comment has made my day (:

      I'm a little jealous! I have a full sized sugarbomb & this little coralista sample & I love them so much. The quality is incredible. What is your favourite out of your collection? (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric