Six Reasons Why I Dislike Warm Weather

Sunday, 12 April 2015


In the UK, we have had a few sunny days & a lot of people seem super happy about it...except me. I hate being warm, I would rather it be freezing 100% of the time. So, I'm going to tell you six things that make me dread this time of year. If you love warm weather & this post offends/annoys you...sorry? It's not to be taken seriously, just the complaints of a girl who left the house feeling great then walked into my boyfriends house looking & feeling like a sweaty mess.

1, When it's cold, you can put as many layers as you want on but when it's warm there is only so much you can take off before it becomes a crime.

2, Yes, it appears to be more socially acceptable to eat ice cream when it's warm but because it's warm it melts all over your lovely outfit. 

3, Sweating is inevitable. No matter how little clothing you have on, the sun will eventually make you feel sweaty & gross. No matter what you are doing, it will get you.

4, Embrace the no makeup days. When it gets super warm, my makeup doesn't want to stick around. No matter what I do, it will end up sliding off my face. 

5, Bugs. I'm talking about bees, wasps, bluebottles, nats etc. They are everywhere! I think the worst thing is when a bee or a wasp has decided it fancies some of my ice cream & then I have to get rid of it. 

6, Shopping for clothes is horrendous. I rarely find clothes I like when Spring/Summer comes around. I also adore my faux leather jacket, black skinny jeans & comfy jumpers. All of the things that aren't really warm weather friendly. 

I don't want this post to be super negative, so I'm going to tell you a few things that I enjoy about warm weather.

1, I don't have to get up super early to take blog photos, it stays light pretty much all day. I've also noticed that my photos look a lot better.

2, I eat healthier, kind of. As much as I love salads, I do tend to eat more when the warmer weather comes around. I have also discovered my love for smoothies, all that fresh fruity goodness! I have also added ice cream, custard & chocolate to a few of the smoothies I have made. No regrets.

Are you a warm weather hater or are you enjoying the sunshine?

6 comments:

  1. I loved this post!! Sometimes I feel like the only person to dislike warm/hot weather! Glad to see I'm not alone haha :)

    Rachel | beautyandthebird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. It's good to know I'm not alone, I very rarely come across someone who doesn't enjoy warm weather. I find warm weather is only nice when there is a really good breeze to cool everything down (: xx

      Delete
  2. haha I love this, I am such a 50/50 person about warm weather! I hate it because it makes me feel self conscious and def less make up which in turn makes me self conscious and oh the inevitable sweat :( WAH! haha definitely good for blogging, photos and energy though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post :D
      Yeah, I always seem to have the worst skin days when I can't wear makeup because it just slides off D: I find myself wanting to go for picnics or to the beach but the thought that there is going to be so many people around/bugs/being really warm & sweaty puts me off :/ xx

      Delete
  3. I'm on high wasp and bee alert already!! I totally agree with this post.
    jen | enter my mac giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate them so much! I've been stung so many times & I haven't even done anything to them, they just always seem to hate me. D: Luckily I haven't seen any yet but I'm definitely keeping an eye out xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric