Maybelline - A Hit, A Miss & A I Just Don't Know

Thursday, 23 April 2015


I have quite a love/hate relationship with Maybelline. I really like some of their mascaras, brow products, nail polishes, primers, etc. but  I have tried quite a few foundations/concealers & no matter how much I like the product itself, the shades never match my skin tone but I was reading some posts on the Eraser concealer & I noticed that quite a few pale girls use it, so I thought I'd give it a go.  I've been using them for a little while now, I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil - Dark Blonde
 The brow pencil comes in a black plastic casing that has a mechanical gel pencil on one end & a self loading powder applicator on the other end. The pencil is used to fill in any gaps & shape the brows while the powder is used to add extra definition & set the pencil. I have the shade Dark Blonde which is a really great match for my brows & hair colour. The main problem that I have with my brows is that the left one looks absolutely nothing like the right one, so I need a brow product that can help shape my brows to look more like sisters than distant cousins that have been twice removed & this does such an amazing job! My brows look full & defined while still looking quite natural but if you prefer a bolder brow, you can build it up wihout it looking a bit over the top. The only thing I don't like about this is that the black pigment & writing comes off so easily & ends up all over my hands but as it literally takes me seconds to achieve perfect brows, I can overlook that.

Maybelline Anti Age Eraser Eye Concealer - Light
The concealer comes in a small plastic tube with a sponge applicator on top. I was a bit concerned that the applicator would become infested with bacteria after a few uses, but apparently it is antibacterial & kind of self cleaning. It has a thin consistency that feels light on the skin, blends like a dream & does a fantastic job at covering my pesky dark circles. The thing that makes this a miss for me is the shade, it's far to dark for my skin. I've tried applying it before my foundation, buffed it in really well & mixed it with a lighter concealer but it's still quite noticeable that it doesn't match.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
 The mascara comes with a curved plastic wand that has longer bristles on one side to lenghten & a smaller comb with shorter bristles on the other side to add volume. It does lengthen my lashes quite well & adds a small amount of volume which would be great for minimal makeup days. The thing that makes me unsure about this mascara is that it has a very wet formula. I find that it works best if I wipe away any excess before use but even then there is a small amount of clumping. I'm also not keen on the brush. The shape & different lengths are great but it is quite sharp I find myself being extra careful when I use it which means I take more time to get ready.

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? 

10 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the concealer as I am so pale I literally struggle to find a shade light enough so doubt I will be picking this up, the brow pencil sounds good minus the packaging though! I actually like the mascara, but then I change my mind quickly haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :( I have been testing out the Revlon colour stay concealer & seems like a pretty good match for my skin, so I'd recommend that or Collections Lasting Perfection is my go to (: It is super annoying! It's such a great product though. I have been wrapping some tissue around it before use so I don't get it all over my hands. I like the length & volume it gives but not how often I have poked myslef in the eye haha xx

      Delete
  2. i'll definitely have a look at that brow one! desperate to try something new

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product! The gel pencil & powder work really well together to give natural but defined brows (: I'd love to know how you get one with it xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post! It's like a mini review of the brand.
    I haven't tried any of these specific products but I have tried some Maybelline stuff in the past. Mainly their mascaras, which I also have found too wet and a little clumpy because of it. The only mascara that I love is this (embarrassingly old) Rimmel one. I use it everyday and it's the only one that looks natural for me.

    Iona (fromfive.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: I have tried a few of their mascaras & found them to be much better than this one. I''d recommend the mega plush one - it gives great definition to the lashes & has quite a nice fluffy brush. I quite like Rimmel mascaras, I also keep mine for a shockingly long time but I've never had a problem with them so yeah haha xx

      Delete
  4. I've not tried these products yet.. I do want to try the Lash Sensational... I have their brow drama and I don't know if it's working but I like what I see

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know your thoughts on the mascara when you try it (: I adore the brow drama, it is so quick & easy to use xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried the eyebrow pencil but i absolutely loooove the other two !!!

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend trying it, it's amazing (: I would love the concealer if the shade was light enough for my skin tone xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric