The Flawless Base

Saturday, 11 October 2014


I am always after flawless skin, I doubt I'll ever get that naturally so finding products & tools that create a natural yet flawless base has been a dream come true.

Mixing It Up:
I wanted the lightness of a BB Cream but the coverage of a foundation, so I decided to mix the Rimmel Matte BB Cream with the Wake Me Up Foundation. When mixed together it gives the skin excellent coverage & a glowy finish while feeling super lightweight. I also find that it has a better consistency, so it blends like an absolute dream.

Correct & Conceal:
Possibly my favourite combination of products right here. The Bobbi Brown Corrector corrects my crazy dark circles & sets into a slightly tacky finish which gives my concealer something to stick to. Then I've been switching between the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer & the Nars Radiant Cream Concealer. These both give excellent coverage, blend really well & brighten up the eye area beautifully.

Blend, Blend, Blend!
The tool that I have been using to blend my foundation, corrector & concealer is the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I use the pointed tip to blend corrector/concealer under my eyes & the rounded sides of the sponge to dab on my foundation. I like to use this both dry & damp depending on how much coverage I want. It really does give a super flawless finish to the skin when used to blend in cream/liquid products.

So that's how I have been achieving a flawless base at the moment. It also really helps to have a great skincare routine to ensure any makeup that you apply looks as amazing as it possibly can. Another thing to help makeup look great is to make sure you allow each product to properly sink in. I used to make the mistake of applying products one after the other without giving them time to sink in [usually when I've been rushed for time], so they never looked as great as they could but I also noticed that my foundation never really set properly. 

What products/tools do you use to create a flawless base?

6 comments:

  1. great post xx
    for a flawless base I usually use Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Collection Lasting Perfection and then set it with Soap&Glory 'One Heck of a blot'

    Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (:
      I adore the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer & Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Powder. They amazing products (: xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the rimmel bb cream and never thought of mixing it, such a good idea when my skin is playing havoc! xxx


    Blondeofcarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives such a great coverage but feels super light on the skin. Definitely recommend mixing it with another foundation (: xx

      Delete
  3. I use similar products, a fabulous post!

    anna xx

    aspreadofnutella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: What products do you use? (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric