Sleek Contour Kit - Light & Blush - Suede

Tuesday, 14 October 2014

L-R: Contour, Highlighter & Blush swatch.

Sleek is a brand that I haven't really tried much of, I hear nothing but great things but when I see a product I want to try..there always seems to be something else that needs to be bought first. I recently added two products to my collection, one from a blogsale & the other I won. I have been reaching for them more than anything else at the moment, so I thought I'd share my thoughts. 

The Contour Kit contains a matte contour powder & a shimmery pearl highlighter. Both powders are finely milled & incredibly pigmented, so you only need to use the tiniest amount. For the contour shade, I gently dab my Real Techniques contour brush into the pan & sweep it into the hollows of my cheeks & under my jaw to slim down my face & add a bit of extra definition. When applied with a light hand it creates a very natural looking shadow but if over applied it can look a little 'dirty'. To apply the highlighter, I use the Real Techniques Setting Brush & take it down the bridge of my nose, across my cheekbones & dust any excess onto my cupids bow. It creates a gorgeous ‘lit from within’ type glow without being too shimmery. I find that I can get an amazing 7-8 hour wear from both powders before noticing any fading.

All in all, even though you have to be quite cautious of how much contour powder you apply, I definitely recommend it. The quality is incredible - both of the powders blend well, have great pigmentation & the compact is great for travel as it also contains a large mirror so it's great for touch ups on the go.


The blush is a matte powder that looks more like a medium brown in the pan but when swatched it has more orange tones. The blush is a little less pigmented than other Sleek products but because of this, I don't have to worry about being light handed & it is a great option for 'no makeup, makeup days' or on days where you are going for a bold lip/eyes but want everything else toned down. The blush is finely milled & blends really well. I found that I can get around 4 hour wear time before it starts to fade. 

All in all, I really like this blush. It hasn't got a intense pigmentation but that does make it perfect for anyone who likes more of a subtle blush. As it doesn't contain any shimmer, it won't draw attention to any problem areas like some shimmer based products can. 

What are your favourite Sleek products?


2 comments:

  1. I love the contour kit but I am still absolutely USELESS at applying it, no matter how many tutorials I see I am such a dunce xxx


    Blondeofcarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great little kit, isn't it (: Awh, don't say that lovely. I tend to sit in front of a window that lets in lots of light & tilt my head to the side & down a little. I find that creates a natural shadow so I can easily contour (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric