NOTD | Splat!

Tuesday, 28 October 2014


It's been a while since I have attempted a nail art look. I don't really paint my nails much but if I have..it's pretty much been chipped to hell & back before I even bother taking it off. After having a quick nail art Google search, I came across pastel splatter nail art & fell in love but as it's Autumn, I decided to change the colours up a bit & go for more darker shades. The splatter nail art is super easy to do & didn't take long at all.

What I used:
Models Own Base & Top Coat.
Nails Inc - Porchester Square.
Barry M - Watermelon, Blackberry & Berry Cosmo.
How I achieved the splatter effect:
After I applied two thin coats of Porchester Square, I put a little drop of nail polish onto the nail & used the tip of the very sharp pencil to drag it out in every direction. I cleaned off any polish left on the nib & repeated with the other shades until each nail was complete.

There are many techniques to create splatter nail art, so have a quick google search & decide what would work best for you. I think this way is definitely the cleanest but I am very intrigued by the straw method. I am excited to try different colour & size combinations very soon.
What do you think of the splatter nail art? Will you be giving it a go?

4 comments:

  1. I love the splatter art! And the colours are very autumnal, gorgeous! Xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: Barry M do the best colours for Autumn (: xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my god they look wicked, I haven't seen nails like this before but go you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: I haven't seen much of them but I think they look super cool (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric