W7 The Honey Queen Honeycomb Blusher & Prime Magic Anti Redness Primer

Thursday, 11 September 2014

Hey Dolls.
W7 was one of the first brands I got into when I started to wear makeup & they are still a firm favourite to this day. So after seeing some great reviews on The Honey Queen Honeycomb Blusher, I had to pick it up. I decided to have a browse at the other W7 products that were available & couldn't resist picking up an old favourite, the Prime Magic Anti Redness Primer. This may have been the first primer I ever used & I loved it but as I got more into makeup & branched out, it hasn't been repurchased until now.

 The blusher has a lovely honeycomb pattern - it is made up of peach, coral, bronze & lilac hexagons which when swirled together create a gorgeous golden peach shade that looks quite subtle when applied. I like that the blush isn't crazy pigmented because that means I can build it up as much as I like instead of having to be light handed when it comes to application. The blush has quite a silky texture, it applies/blends like a dream & has incredible lasting power. One of the things I like most about the blusher is that it is quite versatile - It can be used as a blusher, highlight & it works really well when layered over different blushers to create a unique shade or just to add a radiant glow to the skin.

The primer is silicone based, it leaves the skin looking smooth & feeling silky while the green tint helps to reduce redness. I have found that I apply less concealer to my cheeks & the sides of my nose when using this. My makeup applies beautifully but I don't find that it lasts that much longer so I tend to apply my usual primer on top to make sure my makeup stays in place. What I like most about the primer is that when it's applied, it's barely noticeable on the skin - it feels lightweight & doesn't leave any residue behind. 

All in all, I adore the blush & even though the primer isn't quite as good as I remember it, I still really like it. I would recommend W7 products to anyone & everyone. They are so affordable & the quality really is amazing.

Are you a fan of W7? What are your favourite products?

4 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try the blush for ages it's gorgeous I really love the packaging too, looks more expensive than it is xxx



    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely blush, it really perks up the skin (: It really does (: xx

      Delete
  2. The blush looks amazing! I follow you already on bloglovin but how about following each other on gfc? Let me know! :)

    Hellomynamesanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, definitely worth a try (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric