Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Hey Dolls.
I adore a bold matte lip, I haven't worn on for quite a while. So, I was super excited to get my hands on the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick - Frambourjoise. It is such a lovely shade & it has been so fun to add a pop of colour into my usually neutral makeup routine.


Frambourjoise is a gorgeous red, the shade reminds me a little of raspberries.

The liquid lipstick gives opaque colour in one sweep. When first applied it is more like a gloss but after a minute or so it dries down to a slightly powdery matte finish. I find that unlike most matte lip products, it feels very light & doesn't make lip imperfections more noticeable. What made me fall head over heels for the liquid lipstick is the wear time. Whether your eating, drinking or locking lips, it's not going to transfer or leave that weird line of colour around your lips! When it comes to removing, it took a few cotton pads soaked full of micellar water & then ended in me resorting to using some of the body shop camomile cleanser to rid my pout of any stains. To some, this may be a royal pain in the backside but as I am not a fan of reapplying lip products, I'm pretty okay with it. I find the best way to apply the liquid lipstick is to use the doe foot applicator for the first layer & then gently sweep a clean finger across the lips to make sure it is completely even. 

All in all, I adore it! It gives a bold matte finish in one sweep, lasts all day long & doesn't draw attention to any imperfections. The doe foot applicator makes it so easy to apply & I like that it takes a minute or so to dry down as it gives me more time to work & perfect it.

Are you a fan of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipsticks? What shades have you tried?


4 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous my main worry with any lip colour is ruining glasses when I am out or at home so this is my ideal and I lOVE LOVE matte definitely will be checking this out xxx



    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: I really love that I don't leave marks on anything when I wear this, it's amazing (: Let me know what you think about it when you pick it up (: xx

      Delete
  2. LOVE this shade, it really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? Thank you (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric