Soap & Glory Lid Stuff - What's Nude

Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Hey Dolls.
I have a love/hate relationship with eyeshadow, some days I adore it & some days I just can't be bothered. So that means I have been putting off picking up the Soap & Glory Lid Stuff Palette in What's Nude for quite some time. When I was last in Boots, there was a 3for2 on all of Soap & Glory's cosmetics & I just happened to pick up this palette & an eyeshadow primer...clearly meant to be..right?! I've been reaching for it everyday since, so I thought it was about time I shared my thoughts with you.


The eyeshadows come packaged in a sturdy square plastic compact with a clear lid for easy identification. The eyeshadows are decently sized, containing 1.5g of product in each.

What's Nude consists of three matte & one metallic finish eyeshadows which all work together perfectly to create the perfect neutral eye.

Vanilla - Ivory
Pink T - Muted Beige/Pink
Mudhoney - Mid Toned Chocolate Brown
Aubersheen - Taupe With A Hint Of Purple

I like to use Vanilla as an all over the lid shade - right up to the brow to cancel out any redness or pesky veins. I use Aubersheen as a lid shade either on it's own or with  Pink T & Mud Honey in the crease. I've also been using a bit of Mud Honey to lightly fill in my brows.

The eyeshadows are buttery soft, incredibly pigmented & they apply/blend amazingly well with little fall out. The lasting power is fantastic - with a primer, they stay in place all day without creasing or fading. As I have oily eyelids, I never go without primer because nothing lasts but I may do a little test to see how well these beauties hold up without a primer. 

 All in all, I adore this palette! It is not only travel friendly because it is compact & has all the shades you need to create the perfect neutral eye but the quality is also incredible. I think it's the matte shades that make it stand out for me, they are definitely on par with the likes of Urban Decay. 

All together there are three palettes in the Lid Stuff range.

What's Nude if neutrals are your thing.
Smokey Dokey if you want to rock a smokey eye.
Off The Wallflowers if you want to add some pretty brights into your look.

Each palette retails at £10 but there is almost always a 3for2 offer on Soap & Glory.

Are you a fan of neutrals? What are your thoughts on this quad?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is incredible (: xx

      Delete
  2. This looks great, ideal for staying away when you haven't got much room. I honestly used to hate eyehadow and now I wear it everyday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fabulous. I usually skip it if I don't have a lot of time but lately I've been loving it. I'm not the best but it's getting better (: xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quad, really want to try this out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it (: The eyeshadows are amazing xx

      Delete
  4. This has to be my ideal quad, I only wear neutral eyeshadow & this sounds perfect for me.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a neutral eye & this quad is perfect for that (: The shades are so wearable xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric