Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner

Thursday, 21 August 2014

Hey Dolls.
With all the mixed reviews surrounding the Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner, I thought I'd try a cheaper alternative in the form of the Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner.


The packaging is pretty simple. It is a black pen with bold red writing, a screw off lid, a slanted silicone applicator & a twist bottom to dispense product.

When I first swatched this on my hand while taking photographs, I wasn't that impressed. It seemed really hard to get a straight & even line but instead of giving up - I tested it on my eyes & it changed my mind completely. The wide, slanted silicon tip applicator is soft & flexible, so it makes creating an eyeliner look incredible easy! I'm not an eyeliner pro [not even close] but I created an almost perfect flick in one sweep. I find that twisting the bottom 2 times, dispenses enough product to create a flick for one eye but it does depend how thick you want it. The gel itself is incredible! It is very pigmented, glides onto the lid with ease without tugging or pulling at the skin, dries quickly & lasts all day without budging what so ever.
I found the best way to use this pen is to dispense some product & then gently swipe in onto the hand to make sure the whole applicator is covered. I have also been testing out the stamping method - make little lines on the lid & then connect them together for a more flawless & easy application.

When it comes to removing the liner, I have been using my usual double cleanse routine & it comes off with ease. I'm sure any cleanser would work well in removing the product without a fuss.

All in all, I really like this gel eyeliner. I can create any liner look with ease & the quality is just fantastic. I definitely recommend checking out the Maybelline version before splashing out on the Benefit one [especially since there is a £9.50 difference between them].

Are you a fan of Maybelline? Will you be trying a gel liner pen?


4 comments:

  1. Your eyes look amazing! I found the maybelline one really hard to navigate but I can imagine they are very similar, I am a traditional eye liner gal, I like to use something likened to a sharpie hahah! xxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (: I find it pretty easy to use but I will say that I think it's better if you want a thicker line. I use my felt tip liners if I want a super thin line. What's your favourite eyeliner? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am BAD at applying it though, I think most people could use it I just like the simple life! I always use the soap and glory liner BUT lately I just use a black shadow & brush to do mine xxx

      Delete
    2. I have to really concentrate or one will be great & the other a mess haha. I haven't tried the Soap & Glory one, may have to pick it up (: What brush do you use for black shadow? It never looks right when I do it :/ xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric