Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Textured Nail Polishes

Saturday, 19 July 2014

Hey Dolls.
Today I'm going to talk about two nail polishes I have had my eye on for a while. I had originally spotted the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Polishes on the Boots website but as I didn't want to spend around £6.99 for one polish.. I left them be. A few weeks later I spotted them on Fragrance Direct for only £1.99 each.. bargain! It took me a while to purchase them but when I did, I chose the shades Sour Apple & Razzleberry - both incredibly gorgeous shades.



Sour Apple is a Mint Green shade.
Razzleberry is a Bright Blue shade.

 I adore textured polish, especially when I'm rocking a basic outfit & I want something to jazz it up a bit. I find the bright shades & the not too over the top texture really works well. The consistency of the polishes is quite thin but that does mean that they dry fairly quickly. On the swatches above, I used two coats to make the texture stand out a little more but you could totally get away with one coat & still have an opaque finish. Even though the brush looks quite thin, while you're applying the polish it fans out & covers the majority of the nail making application time much quicker. I was a little worried that because of the texture, it would snag on clothing but so far I haven't experienced that at all. The only grumble I do have with these polishes is that they chip quite easily after around two - three days.

All in all, I do really like these polishes. The shades are gorgeous & the texture is amazing. I love using them to add a pop of colour to my outfits.

Are you a fan of textured nails?


8 comments:

  1. I love textured nail polish, these are nice colors! I have one from this line called Bubble Plum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great (: I've just googled it & bubble plum is such a lovely shade, may have to check it out (: xx

      Delete
  2. i love the blue shade! i'm too used to smooth nails though so would probably not stop touching it haha

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a cute Dahlia trench coat giveaway on my blog at the moment, click here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely (: I haven't stopped touching my nails all day, it's such a strange feeling but slightly addictive haha (: xx

      Delete
  3. I love these colours so gorgeous and nice texture- my polish hardly lasts anyway so the chipping doesn't sound fab though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely (: They have so many more amazing shades, I might pick up the yellow one next (: It really is a shame about the lasting power :( xx

      Delete
  4. I love the colours but I have a bit of a thing for textured polishes - they make me feel a little icky & I don't like them. You did get a bargain with these from Fragrance Direct - they are the one stop shop for cheap nail polish
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fragrance Direct do some amazing things, so many bargains to be had (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric