Elf HD Powder

Saturday, 5 July 2014

Hey Dolls.
Today I'm going to talk about a product I have been meaning to try for a long time - The Elf HD Powder. I usually tend to stay away from loose powders as I am quite clumsy so it would usually result in a lot of mess & wasted product but I've heard great things about this one so I had to try it.


The powder comes packaged in a sleek, black squared off plastic pot with a screw off lid. It also includes a large powder puff.

The Elf HD Powder is a finely milled, loose powder. In the pot, it looks bright white but when applied to the skin it becomes translucent. I like to turn the powder onto it's side & gently tap it. I find that doing this dispenses just the right amount of product to set the whole face. I've been using the Real Techniques Powder brush to buff it into the skin, it sets my foundation/concealer well without looking cakey or disturbing any dry patches.  As it is a loose powder, I thought there may be quite a lot of fall out & mess but surprisingly there is little fall out to be seen. After applying the powder, my face looks smooth & flawless.

All in all, I really like this powder. It sets my make up nicely, gives a flawless, natural finish & you only need a small amount, so it should last a long time. 

What is your go to setting powder? Are you a fan of Elf?

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried this powder before, but you make it sound really nice! (: My go-to setting powder is the Innisfree one (I forgot the name... LOL), and it's pretty decent as well. Thank you for the review, Ash! Glad to come back to blogging and see your posts :D

    Junniku blog [Click!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely (: Do you have a review of it? Thank you lovely (: xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric