Disappointing Products #2

Saturday, 12 July 2014

Hey Dolls.
Today I want to talk about a few products that I really wanted to love but unfortunately they didn't work for me.


L'Oreal Illuminating Powder
This is actually quite a new purchase for me & at first I adored it. It left such a gorgeous glow on the skin but after the second use..that disappeared. The shimmer is just on the top layer, so when you get through that..it's just a normal powder which sets my makeup nicely but as I bought it for the illuminating aspect, it really let me down. 

17 Photo Flawless Primer
I had quite high hopes for this primer, I've seen some pretty good reviews but for me it did nothing. It felt great on the skin but I found my foundation didn't apply as well, it didn't minimise the appearance of pores or help my makeup last - if anything it made the lasting time worse. 

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon
I cannot tell you how excited I was to get this from a blogsale. The shade is a beautiful deep plum. It applies well but it feels really sticky on my lips & doesn't wear well at all. When I first wore this, after about 30 minutes it had pretty much all but disappeared except for the corners of my mouth. This was without eating or drinking.

Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquer
 I wanted these to work for me so bad that I have made myself wear them just to see if they would grow on me but sadly they didn't. Again I adore the shades, they are shades I would typically go for but when applied they feel really thick & sticky. The scent is also really off putting, to me they smell like cheap children's make up.

So those are the products that I am unfortunately quite disappointed with. Keep in mind that just because these products didn't float my boat, doesn't mean they won't float yours.

I would love to know what products or if you love any of the products above. 

6 comments:

  1. I agree with both the lip products you've mentioned, I love the bourjois shades that I have so much but the wear is ridiculous with them and I'm pretty sure they claim to last 16 hours +, the apocalips do smell awful as do most rimmel lip products I've found, I've not tried the other two but I'm definitely going to steer clear of them now xx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame that they both didn't work for us, they have some gorgeous shades. I got the 17 primer from a blog sale, I'm pretty sure it's discontinued. xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried apocalips but it's something I have wanted to for a while as they are raved about so much, but the smell would put me off too! I will still give them a go xxxx


    www.blondeofcarbs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone adores them. I really wanted them to work for me :( Let me know what you think of them when you try them (: xx

      Delete
  3. It's such a shame when products don't work seems such a waste, I brought a few of the Rimmel ones too and they didn't do much for me either, never mind - the Rimmel Kate lipsticks are lovely though :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I haven't tried any of the Kate lipsticks, what shades would you recommend? xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric