Chicken, Tomato & Cheese Stuffed Peppers

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Hey Dolls.
Yesterday was my dads birthday, as he had his gift early I thought I'd make him a special meal. I decided to make some stuffed peppers. I wasn't really sure what to put in them but eventually decided on Chicken, Tomato & Mature Cheese & I must say they turned out really well.


 
Ingredients [serves 3]
Three large peppers
Two medium sized boneless & skinless chicken breasts.
Two medium sized tomatoes.
30-40g of cheese.

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180c / gas mark 6 & cook the chicken for 45-60 minutes or until there is no pink meat & the juices run clear.

While you are waiting for your chicken to cook, prepare the peppers, cheese & tomatoes. 

Start by cutting off the top of the pepper, remove the core, pith & seeds & cut in half.

Chop the tomatoes into cubes & grate the cheese.

When the chicken is done, you can either shred or cube it - I shredded mine but it would work both ways.

You can either mix all the ingredients together or layer them. I chose to latter. I started by adding the chicken, tomato & a generous amount of cheese on top.

 Put the oven on a low-medium heat, place the peppers into the middle of the oven & cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted & the pepper is as soft as you want it.

Optional: I added king prawn chilli stir fry on the side. You can add anything you like but I think this goes really well with the stuffed peppers. 


This is such a simple yet delicious meal. I will definitely be experimenting with flavours when I make these next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric