Soap & Glory Cosmetics

Saturday, 3 May 2014


Hey Dolls.
I not so recently picked up a few Soap & Glory products while they were on 3for2. I've only every tried some of their shower bits & bobs, so I was super excited to try their make up out. I picked up One Heck Of A Blot, Glow All Out & Kick Ass Concealer. I have been using them nearly everyday, so I thought it was about time I shared my thoughts.



I adore the retro chic packaging! They may be the prettiest thing I own. I also adore the embossed detailing on One Heck Of A Blot & Glow All Out. It doesn't last long but it's such a nice touch.

Soap & Glory Blot Powder comes packaged in a black plastic compact. It feels sturdy, comes with a large mirror & powder puff.

Soap & Glory Luminizing Radiance Face Powder comes packaged in a white cardboard compact. The cardboard is quite thick so it does seem rather sturdy. This also comes with a large mirror.

Soap & Glory Correcter, Concealer & Setting Powder Trio comes packaged in a black plastic compact with two compartments. At the top it contains the setting powder, which flips open to reveal the correcter & concealer. This comes with a small mirror on the lid of the correcter/concealer & a small powder puff.


Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Powder.
This is a finely milled, translucent, mattifying powder. It keeps any unwanted shine at bay & sets make up quite nicely. It doesn't leave my skin looking powdery/cakey & has no detectable scent. I like to use my Real Techniques Powder Brush to tap it onto the skin as that way it doesn't disturb any of my dry patches. I do feel that when using this powder my skin feels incredibly soft & my make up lasts a lot longer.

Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Radiance Face Powder.
 This is a shimmery peach powder that can be used as an all over face powder or just on the high points of the face. It looks very dark in the pan but if lightly applied, it creates a very natural looking glow. It also looks beautiful applied over a peach/coral blush to give it that something extra. I apply this with my Real Techniques Blush Brush, I find it perfect for specific highlighting & adding an all over glow.

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer.
This is a three piece flaw camouflage kit - it contains a salmon toned correcter, a concealer in light/medium depending on what you choose & a translucent setting powder. The corrector & concealer have similar creamy formulas, although the concealer is slightly thicker but they both apply & blend well without disturbing any dry areas. They both do an amazing job at covering dark circles which is what I mostly use it for. I have had no issue with creasing or either product sinking into fine lines. The setting powder is perfect! It is finely milled, translucent & makes everything last all day. I do occasionally find myself using it as an all over powder, not just to set my under eye concealer. It leaves such a natural finish to the skin without it looking cakey/powdery. 

All in all, I am incredibly impressed with these S&G products & I will definitely be trying more in the future.

Are you a fan of Soap & Glory?

8 comments:

  1. Hey gorgeous, I was just browsing through and stumbled upon your blog - You have a lovely blog with interesting posts! I followed you via gfc - keep in touch :) xoxo

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much lovely :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glow all out highlighter looks so good! I love the names of soap and glory products - they're always quote funny with a hint of raunchiness!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is, it's such a beautiful shade (: Me to, I think it makes the product so much better when they get creative with the name (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to try that concealer out for ages now. I think you have just persuaded me to go buy it!

    Great post.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd definitely recommend it, it really is a lovely product. Let me know what you think of it when you do (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The concealer looks brilliant! I love how its got two shades inside!
    I think I've only ever tried the S&G Mascara from their makeup range, and I didn't get on with it too well. But that was a couple of years back now, maybe these products could change my opinion!

    Laura - Laura's All Made Up ♥
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is an amazing product. The correcter & concealer are both fab, makes my dark circles look practically non existent :D
    I really want to try their mascara but I have so many on the go at the moment. How come you didn't get on with it?
    If you do try any of these products, do let me know how you get on with them (:

    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric