The Beauty Blogger Tag

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Hey Dolls.
The lovely Laura & Jade have both tagged me to do this tag & obviously I had to. I do adore a good tag (: 
 
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I read a lot of blogs before I started my blog & had a decent amount of spare time. I also think my family/boyfriend were getting frustrated with my constant rambling about make up. I officially made my blog in 2012 but decided it wasn't really for me but then in 2013 I properly started blogging & fell in love.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I'm not to sure to be honest. I started reading a lot of blogs at the same time but I remember Zoella was a favourite.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
I think it was the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I had heard so many good things about the palette that I just had to have it. Yes, it is definitely worth the hype. It has beautiful neutral matte shadows with one lovely slightly shimmery shade which is perfect for highlighting.

What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
  • My blog is my own little project that will never be..perfect. There will always be something to work on & I love that. It is my way of being more creative & sharing my love for all things beauty related.
  • Since I have began blogging, I have learnt so many things. My make up knowledge & application skills have become so much better.
  • Blogging Friends - I have spoken to so many lovely people through blogging. The blogging community is amazing, it's like one big family.
  • Photography! I love taking photos of anything & everything. My camera is always in my bag, ready to be taken out to make a special moment last forever. I have also found that my constant photo taking has helped with my blog photos.
  • Discovering new brands & products - At one point, I never contoured, used highlighter or had a decent skincare routine but now I have found so many amazing products from new & old brands that have made my skin/make up look so much better.
What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
My make up brush knowledge! I never used make up brushes, I didn't think they were necessary but now I adore them. They have made my make up look so much nicer.  My make up application & knowledge has become much better. I pride myself in knowing what a particular product is used for & what's the best way to apply it.

Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
I've changed a lot of things - My skincare routine, applying my make up with the right brushes & certain make up products. I now have to use a primer everytime I apply foundation & I have started using eyeshadow & lipstick which I never usually touched.

What advice would you give to a Beauty Blogger just starting out?
  • Use clear black text on a while background. If the post is hard to read, a lot of people won't read it.
  • You don't need a super expensive camera to achieve good quality photos. Also make sure they are large so your viewers don't have to squint.
  • Don't compare your blog to bigger, more well known bloggers. Just remember they had to start somewhere to.
  • Think about your blog design. That is what draws a lot of people in, if your design looks messy or hard to see they may not give your content a chance.
  • Always be 110% honest. You are giving your opinion so people can see if it would work for them to.
  • Most importantly... Have fun! Don't worry about getting a post up everyday, do what works for you.
What are your top 5 makeup brands?
  • Mua
  • L'Oreal
  • Rimmel
  • Maybelline
  • Revlon
Recommend your top 5 beauty products
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
  • Mua Undressed Eyeshadow Palette
  • Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Powder
  • Mua Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter
I'm not the best at tagging people so...I tag everyone who would like to do it (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric