My Neighbour Totoro

Tuesday, 8 April 2014


Hey Dolls.
One day while I was volunteering in Barnardo's, I spotted a film called Spirited Away. As my boyfriend is a big fan of animated films, I thought I'd pick it up for him. When I got home & gave it to him, from the smile on his face I know I did well. He then went on to tell me about the man who made the films - Hayao Miyazaki & the studio who have produced quiet a few of them - Studio Ghibli. We then went onto Amazon to have a look for more of the films, one of the first ones Matt bought was My Neighbour Totoro. 


'The story follows Satsuke and Mai, two young girls who find their new country home is in a mystical forest inhabited by a menagerie of mystical creatures called Totoros. They befriend O Totoro, the biggest and eldest Totoro, who is also the king of the forest. As their girls' mother lies sick in the hospital, O Totoro brings the sisters on a magical adventure but also helps them to understand the realities of life.

It's safe to say I adore the film, possibly more than any other animated film out there. Everything about it is incredible! So when my boyfriend surprised me with my very own Totoro shaped bag, I was incredibly happy. Look how adorable it is! It's also incredibly roomy & very well made.

Hayao Miyazaki has made a ton of incredible films, a few of my favourites other than My neighbour Totoro is Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away & Porco Rosso. I'd definitely recommend giving them a watch.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute find, there was no way you could leave him! Too cute x
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovey (: The film is incredible & Totoro is adorable! The only things is that I don't think it would be very good in the rain & we have had pretty bad weather for a while so I have only used him about three times :/ xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric