Mac Eyeshadows - Satin Taupe & Woodwinked

Thursday, 10 April 2014


Hey Dolls.
Today I want to talk about two of the prettiest eyeshadows I have ever laid my eyes on. Satin Taupe & Woodwinked from Mac.



Mac eyeshadows have very simple packaging. They come packaged in a small black plastic pot with a clear lid which has the Mac logo on it. It feels very secure & has that little click when closed which gives me more assurance that they will be safe if I travel with them.

Satin Taupe is a taupe shade from the Frost range. 

Woodwinked is a deep gold shade from the Veluxe Pearl range.

The quality of the eyeshadows is incredible. They are well pigmented, buttery soft & blend like a dream with no fall out to be seen. You only need a small amount as the colour payoff is amazing. The shades are great for both day & night as they can just be swept over the lid or built up to be more intense. The lasting power of the shadows is great, with a primer they last all day without creasing or fading. I always use a primer, as I have oily lids so I'm not sure how they would last without one. I've found that the shades work really well together, I usually lightly dust woodwinked over the lid & add satin taupe to the crease & outer corner as well as I possibly can. It creates such a simple look that can be rocked for any occasion.

I am incredibly impressed with the eyeshadows. The quality is incredible, they are pigmented, easy to apply & blend like a dream. What more can you ask from a eyeshadow?

However, Mac are quite pricey & I know not everyone can afford to spend £12.50 on a single eyeshadow so if you really want to try them, I suggest looking at blog sales or ask for a Mac gift card for your birthday/christmas. I was lucky enough to win a gift card that I used to purchase the eyeshadows included in this post but I will definitely be picking up more shades, so if you have any suggestions then please leave them in the comments below.


2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and look well worth the money, I wear colours like this everyday xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are lovely (: I used to wear bold colours but I think neutral shades like this look so much better on me. Satin taupe is my favourite (: xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric