Why Are Trends So Important?

Sunday, 2 March 2014


Hey Dolls.
Today is going to be more of a chatty post as I have recently had a comment that sparked a little rage in me & led me to post this tweet
 Basically, I'm tired of seeing tweets, facebook status updates etc. saying that you can't wear something anymore or you can't buy something because it's no longer a trend. Why is everyone so obsessed with being like everyone else? Wear what you want, when you want! 

Whether it's a shade of lipstick or a bright pink coat in the middle of winter.. If I like something, I'll wear it constantly no matter what season it is..aslong as it's weather appropriate. If I want to wear deep red lipstick at the beginning of spring then I will & you should to, if you want to. 

For me, I see trends as someone telling you what to wear & what not to wear. Sure, if you like something from a new trend then buy it & wear it whenever you want to..whether the trend is still there or not.

What I'm trying to say is...be who you are, wear what you want..no matter what everyone else is doing. I don't follow trends, mostly because I don't like most of them but if I do..I usually wait until it's no longer a trend to buy something. It annoys me how people only wear certain prints or colours when it's a trend..I just don't get what so appealing to buy clothes & things & only get to wear them when someone else tells you that you can.

Let me know what you think. Are you a trend follower? Does it annoy you that people buy things just because it's a trend & not because they actually like it?

2 comments:

  1. I buy things within a trend because they suit me and look cute, not because they are a trend! Lets face it some things look absolutely ridiculous, and really don't suit some people and you can see they aren't comfortable xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more people would do that to be honest. I think this post is more aimed at people who only buy things because it's a trend & they feel like they need to keep up with everything that's apparently fashionable. Fashion shouldn't be uncomfortable, you shouldn't have to suffer to wear things. Some pieces look awful, like shoes that obviously don't support your feet properly, but everyone wants them..I really don't get it xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric