Elf Studio Matte Lip Colour - Tea Rose

Tuesday, 25 March 2014


Hey Dolls.
While I was in Cardiff, I picked up this beautiful Matte Lip Colour in Tea Rose from Elf. I originally wanted Rich Red but as they didn't have that in stock I decided to opt for a shade I wouldn't usually go for. I have been using it non stop ever since so I thought I would share my thoughts with you.



The Elf Studio Matte Lip Colour has sleek matte black packaging. At the bottom of the packaging it has a swatch of the shade you have chosen which is pretty much identical to the actual colour of the crayon. What I like most about the packaging is that they twist up, so there is none of fuss that comes with products that need to be sharpened. 

Tea Rose is a beautiful muted mauve shade. It glides on to the lips with ease & doesn't accentuate any dry patches at all. Once applied it dries down to a matte finish but doesn't leave lips feeling dry or tight. It is highly pigmented & has incredible staying power - it does start to fade after a good five or six hours but leaves a subtle hint of colour on the lips. 

I have heard a lot of people saying this shades doesn't suit their pale skin but I really love the way this looks on me especially on a  minimal make up day. It is so easy to apply & doesn't feel like you have anything at all on your lips. I will definitely be picking up more shades in the future.

Are you a fan of Elf? What are your thoughts?


8 comments:

  1. I have the same product and I adore the shade too!

    ChelseaSharkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful, I'm so glad I picked it up (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried this but I've been wanting to try their matte crayons. Tea Rose is definitely on the top of the list as it looks like such a wearable shade! x

    Daphne | subgenre of a dream | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a beautiful shade (: Let me know what you think if you try it (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, it is beautiful! Glad I stopped by.
    I have never used any Elf products at all, I don't even know where they are stocked? Are there any Elf products you would especially recommend, besides this one?
    Followed you via Blogloving, excited to have more of a nosey through your blog!

    Kathryn xo

    Bit of a Freak | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much lovely (:
    Elf have their own website - http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/
    I would recommend the Make up, Mist & Set. Especially for warmer weather, it's so cooling & keeps my make up on for longer (:

    I'm glad you like my blog, it means so much to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one.. it looks so pretty. It matches my own lip color pretty well. Rich Red is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, isn't it (: I adore a red lip, so that one is on my list to get next (: xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric