Real Techniques Starter Set

Sunday, 9 February 2014


Hey Dolls.
I adore Real Techniques, I have a few brushes in my collection but couldn't help but feel like I needed more. So I decided as I'm getting into wearing eyeshadow a lot more, I needed the Starter Set. I have had this for quite a while now so I thought I would finally share my thoughts with you.




The starter set contains 5 synthetic brushes. They come with a black panoramic case that you can store your brushes in when your traveling. All the Real Technique Brushes are colour coordinated so you know what they are for - In this case, the brushes from the starter set are purple.  


Base Shadow Brush
I use this to pat on my lid colour, define my crease & blend everything out. It is a soft fluffy brush, that has just the right amount of thickness. I find that this brush picks up just the right amount of product to define my eyes & blends well.

Brow Brush
I use this brush to apply powder products to my brows. It is quite big compared to some brow brushes I have but I find that I can still achieve small brush strokes to give a very natural soft finish. This brush can also be used to apply powder products over gel/liquid eyeliner as it is slim enough to get close to the lash line but is quite dense so it holds shape well.


Accent Brush
I use this brush to highlight the inner corners of my eyes & brow bone. I find it is small enough to apply just the right amount of product. It can also be used to smoke out eyeliners as it is slim & dense.

Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush
I use this brush to apply gel eyeliner or cream eyeshadow if I only want a small amount of colour. It is quite slim & has pointed tip. I don't use this brush often as I prefer felt tip or pencil eyeliners but it would also make a good lip brush as it is so slim & dense.

Deluxe Crease Brush
I use this brush to apply eyeshadows to my lid & the outer corners of my eyes as for me personally it is a little to big to define my crease. It is a large, fluffy brush with densely packed bristles, it picks up just the right amount of product & as it is quite big, it covers quite a lot of the area.

All in all, I adore this set. All the brushes are multi use products so it really depends on what your needs are. It is such a great set for beginners & make up brush enthusiasts. The quality of the brushes are incredible & they create such a effortless eye look.

Are you a fan of Real Techniques?



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I want this so bad! Ahaa

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried real techniques brushes before but have read so much good stuff about them! May have to treat myself :)
    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly - I would definitely recommend it (: I think Amazon have an offer on at the moment (: xx

    Josie - They are incredible! They are amazing quality & so affordable (: xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric