Battle Of The Highlighters

Saturday, 22 February 2014


Hey Dolls.
Today I thought I'd talk to you about two amazing highlighters. There is a massive price difference between them but they both do such a great job at highlighting the face. So if you would like to know more about the highlighters & see which one I adore more just keep on reading.



Ysl Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighter
This is a pen style highlighter, you click the bottom a few times to dispense the product into the brush. The highlighter itself is a peachy pink, when blended it becomes clear & adds a beautiful glow to the skin. I apply this after my foundation, on to the corners of my eyes, cheekbones, bridge of the nose & brow bone - I then use my fingers or beauty sponge to blend it. The product blends easily & makes the skin look much more radiant & awake.

Mua Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter
This is a powder highlighter that has a beautiful intricate design engraved on the product. The Highlighter itself is a pale pink, you only need a small amount to give the skin a subtle radiant glow. I apply this after I have powdered, on my cheekbones, bridge of my nose & occasionally on my brow bone. It contains fine shimmer but when applied it brightens the skin, achieving a perfect natural-as-possible glow.

Overall, I adore both highlighters & occasionally find myself using both to highlight different places. I think the Ysl highlighter will be better for warmer weather as I try not to put to many powder products on my face but I definitely think the Mua highlighter is still my favourite. Even though they both give a natural glow, I think the Mua one stands out that little bit more.

Are you a fan of highlighters? What is your go to highlighting product?

10 comments:

  1. I don't actually own a highlighter, but I love using shade 1 from my MUA's Undressed palette, I think it's really similar to the MUA highlighter actuall!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often bother with highlighters but recently I've been trying to find one I like, definitely going to pick up the MUA one Its got to be good if you prefer it the the touche eclat ;)

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the look of the MUA highlighter. It's so cheap too.

    Lucy | Make Up Your Mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yige - I really like using the first shade in the undressed palette to highlight the inner corner of my eye when I'm not wearing much make up (: xx

    Emily - I usually forget to highlight but lately I have been loving it, it makes such a difference (: I hope you love it to, let me know what you think when you get it (: xx

    Lucy - It's so beautiful, I love the design (: It is only £3 I think, a total bargain! (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YSL is one of my favourites, but I haven't actually tried the MUA- it looks amazing! xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely worth a go, it's a bargain at £3 & it lasts for ages (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the MUA highlight!

    Tracey
    Saturdaynightgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely recommend it, it's beautiful (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought that highlighter the other day! its sooo gorgeous! xxx

    lifestyleandbeauty93.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Which one did you get? they are both lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric