Kat Von D Lock-It Longwear Foundation - L44

Wednesday, 29 January 2014


Hey Dolls.
I adore Kat Von D, she is an amazing artist & her make up is always flawless. So when I found out that she brought out her own make up range, I prayed it would come to the UK but as it is exclusive to Sephora..It probably isn't going to happen [sadface!] 
When I was having one of my usual blog sale browses I saw that someone was selling a unused bottle of Kat Von D's Lock-It Longwear Foundation..I snapped it up almost instantly. I have had this in my possession for quite a while now, so I thought it was about time I shared my thoughts with you all.


The Lock-It Longwear foundatin claims to be full coverage, transfer resistant, fragrance & oil free, gives a matte finish & 24 hours wear. That is a lot to live up to but I can tell you that it does indeed live up to it's claims. I haven't worn it for a full 24 hours but it does last perfectly for 17 hours [8am - 1am]. 

The shade range is amazing! Not only are there shades for every skin tone but they also have included shades for your specific undertone. The one I have is L44 - it is designed for ladies with beige undertones. I personally have pick undertones but saying that the foundation still matches well & doesn't look to out of place.

The foundation is quite thick but it is very creamy & blends like a dream. I find the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush works best when blending the foundation. It is very full coverage, so I only use one pump for my entire face as any more could risk it becoming cakey. It dries down to a matte finish but gives the skin a slight glow, it's not drying on the skin & doesn't make any problem areas stand out. As this foundation is for beige undertones, I didn't expect it to be perfect for my skintone but it is incredibly good. If I can get my hands on the shade L42 then it would be perfect. I can get away with wearing this foundation as it is only a tad darker. I also find that I only apply concealer to brighten my eyes as it covers my dark circles & blemishes like a dream. What I love most about this foundation is even though it is a thick foundation, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin & it makes my face silky smooth. The foundation is indeed transfer resistant as the first time I used it, I wore a white shirt. With some of my other foundation there would be a little transfer but with this...absolutely nothing. 

One thing that did concern me, it that after I had bought it I read a few reviews & one in particular stood out - the woman said that the foundation broke her out horrendously & even though I don't have acne prone skin or have regular break outs, I was quite hesitant to use it. But after using it for a few days & not having any break outs whatsoever - I fell totally in love with this foundation. 

 I am incredibly impressed with the foundation, it has become my HG product for when I feel like I need that extra coverage. I would love to try more from the range, so hopefully it will come to the UK or I find some products on blog sales soon.

Have you tried any products from the Kat Von D range? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try this foundation for ages now; glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a lovely foundation, i hope you get to try it out soon (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kat Von D too - she is beautiful. I'm gutted we don't have access to her makeup line in the UK. You did good tracking this down & the foundation sounds amazing.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish we did, everything looks so amazing (: I would definitely keep an eye on for blog sales that have Kat Von D products, there is a UK website that sells them but they are quite pricey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been hearing a lot about Kat Von D make up recently. I've never tried anything from the range though.

    Lucy | Make Up Your Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried two products & I adore them both. I definitely recommend trying the foundation if you can get your hands on it (: xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric