Guest Post | The Perfect Foundation?

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Hi there! My name is Holly from Hollybeee and I'm going to be doing a guest post for Ash today (:

  The perfect foundation: we all look for it, but how many have actually found it..? I think I might have! The Revlon Colourstay foundation has been a favourite of mine for a long time now, but only as I try out others do I realise how fabulous it really is.



How long does it stay put?

This foundation stays on the whole day! So that's about ten hours! That is, though, only if you don't touch your face or rest your face on your hands... that instantly takes off all my makeup so I make sure to stay away from that! I put this foundation on everyday for school and when I get home it looks exactly like it did in the morning. 

Coverage, blending, oiliness?

Super good coverage, I wouldn't say it covers everything but we can't expect miracles! In regards to blending and oiliness it blends perfectly into my skin and when it dries it doesn't change colour, which is a definite bonus! I haven't noticed any oiliness but then I always set my foundation with a pressed powder, so I'm not sure how well this copes with no powder.

Consistency & applying it

It's a liquidy sort of foundation which can definitely run off of your hand and stain things! (Be careful about that!) I like to pour some out onto my hand and then dot it onto my face with my fingers. Then I go in with a Sigma flat top kabuki and I blend and buff it in. 

Packaging & Price

I like the look of the packaging, but it would be so much more convenient if it had a pump, not just a screw top. But that's only a minor problem: nothing to take away from my love of this foundation! The price is around £7-£8 online and then £12.49 in boots. I would definitely recommend going to boots to pick out the colour, and then ordering it online, just because of the money saving. I have the shade 150 buff and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I think there are around twenty shades so hopefully there is the perfect shade out there for you! Definitely test the colour at boots or super drug before purchasing to check it matches (there is nothing than a foundation that's unusable because it's in the wrong shade!) I bought mine from super drug for the same price and even though it's on the higher end of the spectrum of hughstreet makeup prices, I feel it is definitely worth it. 


All in all it's a brilliant foundation that I definitely recommend you try out!



Holly x

4 comments:

  1. Great post!! I have just recently got this foundation and from the first time I put it on and absolutely loved it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly has done an amazing review, I really want to get my hands on this now (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!! I have this foundation and love it too, but I so wish it came with a pump. I think that's a big downside to all Revlon foundations if I'm honest x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is the best foundation that the drugstore offers, especially for more oily skinned girls, I've tried branching even to more highend products and they really don't compare x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric