Nyx Blush - Taupe

Saturday, 14 December 2013


 Hey Dolls.
I have wanted to try the blush in taupe from Nyx for so long, it is definitely a well hyped product in the blogosphere. I have very fair skin & even though the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer works well, I couldn't resist trying this to see if all the 'perfect contour shade for fair skin' claims were true.



The blush is packaged in a sleek black plastic case with a clear lid, it feels very sturdy. The blush has a quilted design, it is such a simple feature but really gives it something a little extra.

  Taupe is a matte taupe shade. [obviously] It has a soft finely milled texture & it is quite pigmented, so it does need a tiny bit of blending. I have fair skin with pink undertones, so this works amazingly well for me as a contour shade but I have read a few reviews from people with yellow undertones saying that it comes up a little ashy until blended. I have noticed that when I use this to contour, it looks a lot more natural..more like a shadow. I tend to take the contour down quite far as I have quite a chubby face so no cheekbones in sight otherwise aha. I also use this to define my jaw & occasionally contour my nose. 
All in all, I am really impressed with this blush from Nyx. It has quickly become my holy grail contour shade.
Are you a fan of Nyx? Have you tried this blush? What are your thoughts? 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't tried too many NYX products other than a primer I was impressed with! This looks fab though I'm pale as well! xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is amazing (: I have been wanting to try a primer from them, which one did you try? (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely on you! Every time I've gone to buy it it's been sold out, I love Nyx blushes though :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lovely (: Awh, hopefully you get your hands on it soon (: I also have mocha & I adore it. What shades do you love? (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blush! They sell NYX in my local NEXT (so excited). I will be picking up a few blushes & this one is on the list
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, let me know what you think of it when you get it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the NYX blushes, such lovely quality! I haven't tried this one yet but it's the next on my list to buy :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. They is such an amazing contour shade, definitely recommend it (: Let me know what you think of it when you get it (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really disappointed with this blush! I'm very fair so I decided to pick up this along with their 'Red' blush (which I adore). I just can't get it to work for me, there is practically no pigment it takes some serious power to pick up the smallest bit! Gutted. xx

    Gemma // DuggyDimples

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! I'm sorry it didn't work for you lovely. I find the one I have is very pigmented, maybe you have a dud one :/ xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric