Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer & Happy Light Foundation - Porcelain

Saturday, 19 October 2013


Hey Dolls.
I have wanted to try more products from Bourjois as I adore their Chocolate Bronzer & Healthy Mix Concealer. So when I spotted the Happy Light Matte Serum Primer & Happy Light Foundation on Amazon, I couldn't say no. I hadn't seen them anywhere else & I hadn't found any reviews so I wasn't able to do any research before hand but the idea of lovely radiant glowing skin without any visible shimmer or glitter particles drew me in & made me purchase them almost instantly. I have used them both for a good couple of days now, so I thought I'd share my thoughts with you.


 
 I have always adored Bourjois packaging, especially the foundations & primers. The liquid face products from the Happy Light range comes in sleek glass bottles with a pump, which makes it easier to control how much product you dispense but it also minimises waste. They have a simple design but they are easy to find as they all have a different colour to represent what they are.

The Happy Light Matte Serum Primer is a light almost cream gel that glides on to the skin with ease, it feels very refreshing as it is between a primer & a moisturising serum. So it can be used under foundation or on it's own to create a flawless base that doesn't feel heavy or drying on the skin. Once the primer has been applied, your complexion looks smoother, with a subtle radiant glow to make you look more awake & perky. Once the primer has set, it leaves the skin with a natural matte finish & creates a more perfect, smooth layer so your foundation glides flawlessly over the skin & makes it last longer throughout the day without budging what so ever. 

The Happy Light Foundation is a light gel like formula that melts effortlessly into the skin, it gives medium coverage & leaves the skin with a subtle dewy finish. Although it is pretty damn amazing, I just still don't know if I like it. I have the shade Porcelain but it could be a shade or two lighter to actually match my 'could possibly be Casper's sister' ghostly complexion but if I buff it in well I can get away with it. It feels light on the skin, doesn't stick to or enhance any dry patches & lasts 6 - 7 hours without budging. All in all it's a good foundation but the shades could be better.

The Happy Light range comes with 5 shades of foundation, a matte & luminous primer & 2 shades of concealer. The prices range from £8.99 - £11.99 but are currently on sale at Superdrug.

Are you a Bourjois fan? Have you tried any products from the Happy Light range?




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review :) I want to try the primer it sounds lovely x

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (: It really is, probably the best I've tried (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Now I using the translucente smoothinf primer "flower perfection" from bourjois and I love it, but the price was 11€ for 7ml...it's a mouse but still being a little bit expensive. I will consider buy the happy light serum when I finish mine. XOXO ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you lovely (: Let me know what you think of the happy light primer if you try it out (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you tried the Healthy Mix Gel foundation, is it similar at all? I am completely in love with Bourjois, especially their packaging which is so adorable! But I do feel like the foundation isn't as good as I want it to be :( I might try this one though, definitely the primer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat Flick - I haven't, it is on my list to get though. The packaging is amazing (: This is a really good foundation, the shade is a little off for me but it could be amazing for you, I would definitely give it a try (: The primer is incredible, I really want to try the luminous version to xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric