Today I Adore

Friday, 4 October 2013


Hey Dolls.
Today I am going to be interviewing the lovely Latasha from Today I adore, she is a huge inspiration to me & her blog is absolutely incredible.


Latasha is a 20 year old, beauty enthusiast, she has an informative but personal writing style. Her down to earth & friendly personality draws you in & her attention to detail & incredible photos make you want to stay. I am so lucky to have this opportunity to ask Latasha some questions. 

Ash: What/Who inspired you to start your blog? & what advice would you give to people who are starting out?

Latasha: I remember my mum having the most lust-worthy makeup stash when I was growing up, so she definitely sparked my love for beauty products and I've been addicted for years now. I had no idea Beauty Blogging even existed until I stumbled on to it on Twitter and I just thought one night ''Why not?! I've tried some amazing and not so amazing products, I'll share my opinions too!'' and it all evolved from then. The best advice I could give would be to be original and ALWAYS honest, There are a lot of beauty blogs out there but they are the qualities that will make yours stand out. Don't try to rush things either, it doesn't matter if a blog has more followers or views than yours, every blog grows at different rates.

A: If you could create a product with a brand, who would they be & what product would you make?

L: It's common knowledge that I'm borderline obsessed with MAC, so I'd love to collaborate with them! I've been hunting (for what seems like a lifetime) for a perfectly pale pink lipstick for us fair ladies. Crème cup is really close but it doesn't quite cut the mustard, so I would probably drive MAC crazy trying to create the most specific blend of nude & pink pigments for a Lipstick.

 A: What is your favourite thing about blogging?

L: Honestly, my favourite thing would have to be nattering to other beauty-obsessed lovelies in the #BBloggers chats & reading your comments! It's great to chat to like minded people every Wednesday & Sunday and the topic chats are really useful if you have anything on your mind that you all want to talk about. I read every single comment on my blog and always try to reply, I love hearing your thoughts on the post or the product I'm posting about! After all, Today I Adore wouldn't be much without you eh!

A: What has been your most meaningful experience in life?

L: I'm extremely family orientated by nature & I always have been. I was blessed last year with another brother, which has just been such a new & really amazing experience to watch him grow a little every day! I'm fortunate enough to have an amazing relationship with my close family. They are awesome and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, I'm thankful every single day for that.

A: How did you come up with your blog name?

L: Oh my gosh, this was one of the hardest parts of starting up my blog! I've had a few name changes before I got to Today I Adore! When I was thinking of what name I wanted to give my blog, I wanted to keep my options open and not have anything too specific in there. I thought Today I Adore was appropriate and it gives me free reign to ramble about the occasional off-beauty topics and everything i'm loving.


A: What is your holy grail can't leave the house without product?
L: A bold lipstick! There has been far too many occasions in the past where I've been doing on the go touch-ups and thought ''Why didn't I wear that bright pink lipstick?!'' I think even if you have hardly any makeup on, it can completely transform how you look & feel.

A: Are you a full time blogger? or do you have other commitments to? Do you find it hard/easy to do both?


L: I'm not a full time blogger, although i'd LOVE to be, I do have other commitments! I used to find it really hard because I used to put a lot a lot of pressure on myself to post daily and I just couldn't keep up with it! I post at least twice a week and that works fine for me and still gives regular enough updates for readers. I back that up by being a complete instagram addict so there's always something going on.

A: Do you friends/family know about your blog? Were they supportive?

L: I think I talk about something beauty or blog related around 20 times a day, so yes they definitely know! My friends & family have been immensely supportive ever since I put the idea to them. Everyone that i'm really close to get crazy excited when I hit milestones or tell them how well it's going, it's great to have that support system!

A: Do you have a favourite blog post that you have written?

L: I'd have to say my Spring Cleaning & Organization post! It was really nice to do a Lifestyle kind of post, just as a little change of pace. I always love reading Makeup collection or 'homely' kind of posts on other blogs, I really enjoy seeing how people have put their work spaces together because i'm super nosey!

A: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you think blogging will still be apart of your life?

L: I really hope blogging is still a part of my life! I'd definitely love for Today I Adore to keep progressing forward and maybe even become a job one day. I mean who wouldn't love to natter about beauty all day? We will just have to see how it goes!

A: What is one unique fact about you?

L: I'm a quarter Italian and a quarter Welsh!

A: You are absolutely stunning & look flawless, what products would you say that have really work for your skin?


L: Ah that is incredibly sweet!! I'm pretty sure you just caught me on a good day ha! I have dry/combination skin and it's just an all round nightmare. I'm so glad I've managed to find a few products so far that really work for that skin type. I adore Perricone MD Chia Serum for being so multi-purpose and really hydrating, and I also really love Liz Earle Skin Boost Tonic! The Liz Earle toner just smells AMAZING and removes any makeup left over from cleansing.
 

I had an amazing time asking Latasha question's. She is so lovely & her blog is absolutely amazing. Make sure you check her blog out - Today I adore.

Do you adore Latasha's blog? 


4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I loved reading how you came up with the blog name. Definitely the hardest part of blogging haha.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore her blog name, it's so hard to find a unique & interesting blog name aha xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric