VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray

Sunday, 8 September 2013


Hey Dolls.
After the years of torture I put my hair through, I finally decided to give it a break & embrace my natural curls/waves & not use any heat tools for a few months. I have recently had the urge to curl/straighten my hair but before I get round to doing that I needed to make sure I had some heat defence spray handy, so I had a rummage & at the back of my unit was the VO5 Heat Defence Styling Spray. I have had this for quite a while but I have never mentioned it on my blog, so I thought after I use it I would write a little review for you.


'VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray. Harness the power of heat to style and protect. Helps protect hair against heat damage from regular blow-drying and heat-styling. Contains a heat-activated complex to make styling easier and quicker. - Calms frizz, static and flyaways.'

The packaging is pretty basic but the one thing that I adore is that is has a lock button on the side, so it is prefect for traveling & if you have any children/young siblings as there will be no unwanted leakage or teeny tiny hands either spraying it all over the room or even worse spraying it into their eyes/mouth. Even though it is common sense to keep products out of reach of children but I think it should be a feature on everything but enough rambling, lets get on with the review. 

This lightweight spray protects your hair from up to 230 degrees of heat & keeps your hair frizz free. I spray quite a generous amount through my hair, it leaves my hair feeling soft & silky & smelling fresh. It has helped make my hair look sleek & smooth & I've also found my hair looks healthier & is much more manageable to straighten/curl. Even though I use quite a lot, I have found that I'm no where near half empty yet, which is incredible as I used to use heated styling tools [mostly straighteners] on my hair everyday & sometimes twice a day.

I adore VO5, they are an amazing & affordable brand. I have used quite a few products from VO5 & I have never been disappointed, I honestly couldn't say a bad thing about them.

Are you a fan of VO5? What heat protect spray do you use?


8 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I use a hairdryer literally every single day, but don't use a heat protectant. Ever. Never used one. .-. I really think I should... hnng. Thanks for the review, Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is great (: Using a heat protect spray is important as the heat is really damaging to hair, let me know how you get on with it if you try it (:

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i desperately need to use heat protection spray as i've been abusing my hair with heat recently! great post.

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it really makes a difference in how your hair looks & feels. Thank you (:

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you use this on your dry hair before you straighten? Because on the packaging it says apply onto towel dryed hair.. Great review btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I mostly use this on dry hair when I want to straighten it. I haven't found any difference on using it on damp hair to blowdry, air/towel dried hair before styling or second day hair. (: Thank you lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I went out and bought it today, it's great!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem, I'm glad you like it (: xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric