Smashbox It's Your Prime Set

Saturday, 21 September 2013


Hey Dolls.
I not so recently purchased the Smashbox It's Your Prime Set from Boots & I have been using it nearly everyday that I've actually made an effort with my make up,  concealer, mascara & filled in brows have been my thing lately. I think I've had enough testing time & would like to share my thoughts with you.


Photo Finish Foundation Primer
 This is an oil-free, silicone based gel that glides over the skin like silk, leaving a soft matte finish which disguises pores & makes your foundation apply flawlessly. I really enjoy using this on warm days as it helps my foundation last longer & stay shine free all day.

Photo Finish Lid Primer
This is a tinted lid primer, it has an incredibly thin texture that gives a smooth, flawless base for eyeshadow. It applies smoothly & blends well with no dragging of the eyelid. It works well with all eyeshadow types, even crease prone cream formulas.

Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer
This is a creamy primer that makes your under eye area look flawless, helps reduce signs of cakeyness, the highlighting of fine lines & helps brighten dark circles. I also find that my eyes look a lot more awake & have a little sparkle when I use this.


All in all this is an amazing kit, it retails at £14 in Boots & is worth every penny. As these three products would cost around £61 if you bought them full size, it is a great opportunity to try them to see if you like them at a cheaper price.

Have you tried this set? What did you think?

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I used to use Smashbox primers religiously but have since then moved on to other things. Need to give them a try again :) I like the sound of the two eye primers.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing value, great way to try the products too without paying out loads. The tinted primer sounds fab!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maya - The two eye primers are great, they really even things out & make the products you apply stay put all day.

    Belle - It really is, they are quite small but you only need a tiny amount so they will last for a long time. I am really impressed with the products (:

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge Smashbox fan but I didn't realise they did a hydrating under-eye primer, think I'll definitely have to give that a go! Their hydrating photo finish primer is also amazing, I've just reviewed it if you fancy a read!

    Demi | Kiss & Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really good, feels so light on the skin (:
    I want to try more things from Smashbox, so I'll definitely have a read (:

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My primer has recently run out and I was trying to decide which one to buy next... I think this post just made my decision for me! Total bargain, thanks for sharing!

    Shannon x
    shannondarko.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad my review was helpful (: Let me know what you think if you try this primer out (: xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric