Maybelline Baby Lips - Hydrate

Saturday, 7 September 2013


Hey Dolls.
There has been a massive amount of hype surrounding the Maybelline Baby Lips & as Superdrug were having a 3for2 offer on I decided to pick up one up.





I love a good lip balm, having dry lips - its an essential. So when the Baby Lips came to the UK & after I read some great reviews, I couldn't resist picking one up with the 3for2 offer on Superdrug's website. I picked up Hydrate as that is something my lips need the most, I've used it for a few days now & honestly I'm not really a fan. Hydrate is a clear balm that has the slightest hint of lemon which smelt really nice but when applied to the lips I had this really strange taste in my mouth that only went away after brushing my teeth & using mouthwash twice. The balm isn't very moisturising, it just leaves a greasy film on my lips, It hasn't helped the appearance of my lips or made them softer in any way. One of the ingredients in the baby lips is petroleum, which tends to mask the problem of dry lips & over time it can suck out extra moisture from the lips making the problem worse. For £2.99 I didn't expect miracles but I did expect it to be worth the hype as everyone was raving about them. I do really like the packaging, hydrate is a blue tube with pink writing on the lid. It does look really fun & it's easy to find in my lip product drawer which is a plus. It also has SPF20, so your lips are protected against the harmful rays of the sun.

All in all the baby lips are okay but I really don't think they are worth the hype & even though they are only £2.99, the money could have have been well spent somewhere else. 

Do you think the Maybelline Baby Lips are worth the hype?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric