Disappointing Products #1

Tuesday, 10 September 2013


Hey Dolls.
As much as I love telling you all about products that I adore, I do think it is necessary to tell you about products that I haven't got on with. I wouldn't want you to buy these products & find that they don't do what all the great reviews said they would, I would like to mention that the products are from brands I usually adore but these particular products just weren't for me but still keep in mind that they could work for you.


Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser
I have dry skin & I find moisturising a chore so when this came out & I read a few great reviews I decided it was worth a try. How wrong was I?! It applied like a dream & after washing it off, my skin felt soft, nourished & hydrated but then minutes later it felt like it hadn't been moisturised at all so I had to apply a body butter. It is a great idea & has worked for some people but for me it didn't live up to the hype.

Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer
The first time I tried this primer, I really liked it. It felt light on the skin & sank in quickly, I found you only had to use a tiny amount & my foundation looked lovely but within half an hour my make up looked patchy & my skin felt dry. I stopped using it for a while & when I reached for it again, it just wasn't the same. It still felt light & sank it fairly quickly but when I applied my foundation it made it look really uneven & sort of become bitty. My skin felt really dry & tight to the point where I had to apply a thick night cream to stop that feeling. I haven't used it since & after this it will probably go in the bin.

Maybelline Baby Lips - Hydrate
One of the most raved about lip balms in blogging history & unfortunatly I gave in to the hype & a 3for2 offer in Superdrug. I really don't like this, it isn't very moisturising & it just feels like I have a greasy film on my lips. One of the ingredients is petroleum, which masks the problem of dry lips & over time it can suck out extra moisture from the lips making the problem worse. Even though it was only £2.99, for me it wasn't worth the hype. 

Mua Extreme Felt Liner - Black
Now this one is my own fault because I watched a video by Becca & this eyeliner was one of the products she regrets purchasing but for some reason I went onto Superdrug & bought it. I adore mua so I guess I thought I would like it, it's not very pigmented so it comes out more gray than black, it is very hard to apply & I find that I can't get a thin, precise line. 

So that's all the products that I still own that I'm dissapointed with, I tend to give things to my sister/mum or if they don't want them I'll just throw them away.

Have you been dissapointed with any products lately? What are your thoughts on these products?



4 comments:

  1. I think you're the first person I have ever seen to give a negative review of an MUA product and a Baby Lips. Thanks for being honest.

    New follower xx
    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is important to show my readers the products that I don't like as well as the ones I adore, I find that if a blog only does positive reviews, you can sometimes question their honesty.

    Thank you lovely (:

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame about the in shower moisturiser, I've been looking at it recently in shops and couldn't make my mind up so this was really helpful!

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. From all the reviews I've read it seemed like an amazing product :/ I'm glad my review helped (: xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric