New Storage - Ikea Helmer

Tuesday, 27 August 2013


Hey Dolls.
I have wanted new storage for quite some time as the small plastic four drawer unit was literally over flowing. I originally wanted the Ikea Alex but at £90 I just couldn't part with the money, I then spotted the Ikea Helmer for only £25. You can choose from White, Yellow, Silver & Red, I chose the white one as I have a pretty nuetral themed bedroom except for my sofa which you can see a little of in the photo below. The Helmer has 6 drawers, they are quite deep & long so you can fit quite a lot of products in them, I have used five of the drawers so far. The first three are face, eyes & lip products, the fourth is random skincare/fake lashes & make up setting sprays & the fifth drawer stores my nail polishes. I was going to get separate storage for my nail polishes but I think they look quite nice in the Helmer. On top I store my toothbrush/toothpaste & mouthwash, Cleanser, toner, moisturiser & lip scrub & my cotton pads & cotton buds. I also have a mist bottle of green tea as I read something somewhere online that it's supposed to be good for the skin. I haven't used it & may possibly just wash it out, if anyone knows if that is actually true or not please do let me know. Also the Helmer comes with wheels so it will be easy to move around if needed & I do suggest getting non slip mats as nothing stays where I put it especially my polishes, I haven't gotten around to getting this yet but will very soon as it is driving me slightly insane. I would also like to mention that you do have to put it together yourself but as Matt did it for me I can't comment on how easy/difficult it was but it took him just over half an hour to assemble everything.



So that's my new storage, I really love it. I have alot more space on the unit next to it for my mirror, brushes & everyday essentials. You can't see it in the photo but its just left of the Helmer.

How do you store your make up?


2 comments:

  1. I was debating purchasing this! I've recently got a Moppe set from Ikea and am going to pick up another soon, I plan to eventually get an Alex to store everything beauty I own (one day anyway) ha.

    www.lisa-cequejaime.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good (: I'm thinking about getting another one to store my hair/skin care products (: I would love an Ikea Alex, I might save up but then think about all the lovely beauty products I could get for £90..not a good saver aha xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric