Guest Post | Top 3 Must Have High Street Red Lipsticks

Friday, 9 August 2013



There is something about a red lipstick that i just cannot say no too. I'm not really sure what it is about a red lip that attracts me so much yet my collection is full of them. Ranging from deep wine to classic reds in all sorts of formulations, my collection is constantly growing. I find when it comes to red lips the high street have a lot to offer. In fact my all time favourite red lipstick is high street. I don't feel the need to buy high end when choosing a red lip stick because for me the high street have it covered. From an easy to wear day red to a deep evening shade. The high street has it. Here are my top 3 must have high street red lip sticks.

For me Revlon's lip butter in the shade Candy apple is the perfect day time red. It gives a great amount of colour with out being fully opaque. Since this is a lip butter it's very moisturizing on the lips and comfortable to wear all day long. You can keep this as sheer as you like or build it up for a stronger lip look. This is fantastic if your a bit shy about red. It genitally eases you in with its light sheer colour and as you get braver and bolder with your red lip you can simply built up the colour. Great for those red lip newbie’s or a daily red lip lover like me.

When the time comes for an evening red lip there's no other lipstick for me than Rimmel's Kate Moss lasting perfection matte lipstick in 107. The most delicious red wine colour with a matte finish which is truly long lasting. This stuff doesn't budge. This one’s had a lot of hype and for a good reason. It has great formulation and a fantastic colour. If deep wine red is what you’re after then this is the lipstick for you.

Of course i couldn't do a post about my top red lip sticks without including a classic red. Revlon's super lustrous Matte lipstick in really red is my all time favourite. It’s the best classic red i could find on the high street after endless trips and searches. The formula is fantastic. Its long lasting, not too drying and stays put. It’s a true red and one every red lipstick lover should own. You can't go wrong with this classic.

What’s your favourite red lipstick?

Thanks for reading,
Sam X

I just wanted to add this little snippet at the end to thank Sam for writing such an amazing post about one of my favourite things, a lovely red lip. Sam is an amazing blogger & I really do recommend checking out her blog, Lipstick & Lectures (:

4 comments:

  1. Those colours are great! I'm always so indecisive when it comes to lipstick colours aha, but these are some really nice ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are lovely shades (: Sam has amazing taste (: xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Revlon lipstick is gorgeous! :)

    www.lisa-cequejaime.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric