Figs & Rouge Cherry & Vanilla Balm

Monday, 8 July 2013

Hey Dolls.
I am going to review the Figs & Rouge Cherry & Vanilla Balm, its going to be a quick review as today is Matt's birthday & as we don't have anything planned until later in the week, we are just going to relax in the sun & have lots of yummy drinks with plenty of ice [I'm talking to you Summer Fruits flavoured Oasis & Lipton's Peach Iced Tea. Yum!] I have had this balm for quite a while but it had only recently had it's fair share of love from me & since then it has become my go to 'dry lip' saver for the past week or two & it may possibly have taken the Nivea Hydro Care lip balm out of 1st place. (:



'Figs & Rouge are a UK company, who only use 100% natural ingredients to produce their ultra - hydrating balms. All their balms are free of petroleum, paraben & mineral oil & don't contain any synthetic aromas or colours.'

 First of all, I adore the packaging, it is very vintage-esque & Even though I prefer squeezy tubes, I'm not really bothered that I have to dip my fingers into the tin as I am constantly washing my hands or using anti-bacterial hand gel anyway. Two of the many favourite scents I have are cherry & vanilla & after reading so many great reviews on the balm, I decided to check it out, I wasn't really sure which one I was going to get, until I saw that they had put those two scents together in one little tin of amazing-ness. You can use the balm for your lips, face & body - I have used it on my lips & on some dry areas on my face. Within a few days of dabbing a little bit of the product on the dry patch on my nose & on my chin it has completely gone & my skin feels hydrated & nourished for hours. The thing I like the most about this balm is that once on the skin/lips your body heat melts it, so it sinks in amazingly quick & makes your lips soft & smooth with a subtle sheen. The two issue I have with this product is & it might just be my tin but when I close it properly, it is really difficult to get the lid back off so I can only push the lid about half way otherwise I have to spend 10-15 minutes tryint to get it open again & because it melts when it comes in contact with skin - due to the body heat, as it has become incredibly hot here in Wales it has basically melted into a kind of disgusting looking, gloopy consistency.

All in all, it is an amazing multi purpose balm & I would definitely recommend it. There are about eleven different scents to choose from & they can range from £4 - £7 depending on where you get them from.

What is your favourite Figs & Rouge product?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric