Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanning Lotion

Saturday, 29 June 2013

 
Hey Dolls.
I am incredibly pale & even though I love that fact, I have been lusting after the whole bronzed goddess look this Summer so I 'borrowed' the Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanning Lotion from my mum & have been using it for about a week or so. I have never used any sort of tanner so I was a little worried that I would turn into a TOWIE cast member overnight but thankfully the morning after the first time I used it, there wasn't much of a difference just a little warmth to my skin which was nice as I didn't look like Casper's long lost sister anymore. 



 
'Summerbody daily moisturising lotion gives your skin a beautifully radiant and sun-kissed look all year round, in one simple step. Summerbody moisturises skin from morning to night, gradually building a light, natural looking tan.' 


The first thing that made me love this gradual tanner was the smell, as it has apricot extracts it smells really fresh & fruity & well..like apricots. I usually apply this after I have showered, I was actually really surprised with how quick the drying time is, it has sank in & my skin has become touch dry within 5 minutes but I do still tend to wait longer as I will literally do anything & everything to avoid getting dressed for the longest time possible after a shower...I don't know why. One of my main concerns was that it would transfer onto my pjs &/or my bedding as I'm usually in shorts but thankfully it didn't, I inspected my pjs & bedding thoroughly & there was no trace of the gradual tanner what-so-ever. It is incredibly hydrating, I keep touching my arms because I just can't get over how soft my skin is. I have quite dry skin & I never thought a tiny bit of product would make my skin this soft for days on end as I usually have to use quite a lot of body butter & it doesn't feel as great by the end of the day. Now lets talk about the colour, I am still quite pale but I do look like I've spent the week relaxing in the sun & have been naturally sun kissed instead of the horrid fake orange 'I've clearly been bathing in the stuff' look. Thankfully there is no hint of an orange undertone to my skin, I am on my way to becoming a bronzed goddess but I must admit I am quite happy with the colour I am now, the colour is lasting well & looks even.

There is two versions of the Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanner, light & deep. I use the Light one but I do also have the Deep shade, like the light one it adds a bit of warmth to the skin & builds up throughout use but the colour is quite a bit more intense & doesn't look so natural as everyone & their mother has seen how pale I am.
I've really enjoyed using the Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanning Lotion & would like to try out other brands so if you have any recommendations please let me know in the comments. (:

Have you tried any gradual tanning lotion? What are your thoughts on them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric