My Top Five Tips & Tricks For Blogging.

Friday, 28 June 2013




Hey Dolls.
When I started blogging, I found it so hard to find some useful tips & tricks. I wasn't sure how I wanted my blog to come across & at first I was nervous, I got bullied in high school/comprehensive so it was quite hard to put myself out there but I managed to do it & even though I have been blogging for about four - five months I still search the net for tips & ask fellow bloggers for advice. So I thought I would share my top five tips for starting out or even enhancing your blog.

1. Be yourself.
Let your personality shine through in your posts, everyone is interesting in their own way.

2. Find your voice.
When I first started blogging I was nervous, I couldn't be 100% me. I honestly thought no one would be interested in what I had to say but after two months into blogging, I began to find my voice & talk like I talk in real life..well minus the swearing.

 3. Stay positive
The beginning is always the toughest, you might not have readers from day one. It was nearly over a month before I got my first follower. Keep writing posts about things that you love & communicate, always comment on blogs you read as you will more than likely get some of their readers visiting your blog. 

4. Be consistent.
Figure out if you want to do a post everyday, once a week on a Saturday afternoon, on a Monday, Wednesday & Friday etc & then stick to that. A routine really does help.

5. Quality over quantity.
Always make your posts interesting, don't half ass it. If you feel like you need to spend an hour or two on a particular post to make it perfect then go for it. Don't post just for the sake of posting.

What are your top tips for blogging?

 

6 comments:

  1. This is all so true! I definitely don't have the routine thing down, but I think that's down to my job and it's silly hours. One of the best things about blogging is talking to other bloggers so that's a great tip, and like you say, it does help your follower count! I spent ages researching and just generally being a bit nervous before I started to write.. (Fellow sufferer of bullying right here!) But I think being confident in yourself is the sweetest "f-you!" to anyone who ever made you feel rubbish for being who you are. Great post! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great points Ash, I totally agree with all your points on blogging. I think being yourself is always the best policy when it comes to blogging as it shows your passion on what you are talking about.

    -Dani x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I think some people forget to just be themselves!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashleigh - If I know I'm going to be busy on a particular night, I schedule posts. Its super easy & as I usually write 2 or 3 posts at a time, I don't feel like my readers are missing out (: It really is, I have talked to some amazing ladies through blogging (: It really is, I have become quite a bit more confident since I started blogging. Thank you lovely (: xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani - Thank you lovely (: That really is true (: I think some people try to be like more popular bloggers to try & get popular quicker. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca - Thank you lovely (: Its a shame as I'm sure they have an amazing personality of their own (: xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric