Magazine Freebee - Benefit They're Real Mascara

Saturday, 4 May 2013


Hey Dolls.
I was looking for a magazine to read on the trip home from my volunteering job, I had a headache so I didn't want to blast music through my earphones. I spotted Elle, I had never bothered to pick this magazine up before so I thought I would give it a go. After opening it on the bus I noticed something drop out & saw a mini size of Benefit's They're Real Mascara on the floor, at first I felt guilty because I had accidentally bought some make up whilst still being on my Spending Ban but I was quite excited to get to try out this mascara without paying the ridiculous price tag.


A little review of the magazine.
I mainly bought this magazine as the lovely Miley Cyrus is looking gorgeous on the cover but I found the magazine to be filled with more adverts than anything interesting. The first 24 pages are adverts that take up two pages each. There are alot more throughout the magazine & some brands appearing more than once for different items. In the end I couldn't even be bothered to read the bit about Miley as I was already so sick of how many adverts were in this magazine. I do feel like I wasted my money & I doubt I will be purchasing it again. The one good things is you get a sample of the Clarins Skin Perfecting BB Cream, I have never tried a Clarins product so I am excited to give it a go, unfortunately its in medium but I will use it when I'm lounging around the house.


The mascara.
I had high hopes for this mascara even though I didn't get on with the That Gal Primer but I have read so many amazing reviews about this. They're Real! promises to lengthen, curl, volumise, lift and separate with a long-wearing formula that won't dry out or smudge. The comb-like bristles separate and lengthen your lashes with just one coat & looks even better with two. I was really amazed to see they added a fanned-out bristle section at the end of the wand which really grabs those tricky to get lashes on the outer corners. Even though this is a mini mascara it has the full sized wand to make sure your lashes look as defined as they possibly can. I love the way my lashes look when I use this but even thought it is an amazing mascara I still can't justify the price tag.
  

Have you tried the Benefit They're Real Mascara? What do you think?

 ♡ 

2 comments:

  1. thank you for reviewing the magazine too, very helpful :)x

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric