My First Dress Purchase In 2 Years

Saturday, 6 April 2013


Hey Dolls.
I have only had 2 dresses in the last 8-9 years & this one is the second, I have always been self concious about my body as I devoloped early so I quite disliked my body for a good number of years, so I would only buy things that hid my shape inside of embracing it. A while back I decided while working at the charity shop I volunteer at that I would look through the dress section & atleast try one on. I love dresses...on other people but I can never find one that I like on me, also I hate trying things on in changing rooms, I feel really uncomfortable but since reading Sian's blog - Forever Fabulous In Bows I want to embrace my curves more, I have a lot more confidence now & thanks to Sian I know I can look amazing even though I'm a curvier girl. Sian always looks so amazing & never lets her shape or size stop her from wearing what she wants, which is an amazing thing. I have felt pretty much my whole life that if you want to be beautiful you have to be skinny. I love my curves thanks to my boyfriend, amazing friends & family & Sian, her blog inspires me to try new things that I wouldn't wear usually, so that's why I tried on this dress & decided to buy it. I will wear it out & to be quite honest the look on my boyfriends face & that he stopped mid sentence when he saw me in it made my confidence sky rocket. It was the first time Matt has seen me in a dress other than the one photo I have of me wearing the first dress I ever bought which I only wore once.

I thought I would share a photo of me wearing it as I wore it for Easter, I do feel quite self conscious about posting this photo as I am not quite sure if this dress suites my body shape.

Excuse the messy room.
 
The dress has a black & white stripe top with buttons down the centre & then the skirt is plain black, it is a very stretchy soft material, it is quite figure hugging on the top but then it flares out a little on the skirt part so it doesn't cling to my hips & it is just above the knee which is something I love as I am not fond of my legs.

♡

4 comments:

  1. The dress looks lovely on you. Personally I think dresses are flattering if you are curvy. I love dresses x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :)
    I love dresses to but I have avoided wearing them for so long because I never think they look right on my body shape.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh you look so nice! You definitely should wear dresses more often, they really suit you. I'm so glad you like my blog. It's made my day :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much :D
    I love your blog, you always look amazing & you inspire so many girls to love their body no matter what shape or size they are. :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric