My Body Confidence Issues | My Lips

Saturday, 20 April 2013


 Image From Google.

Hey Dolls.
This is the second post in My Body Confidence Issues series & today I'm going to talk about my lips.
I actually used to quite like my lips, they are a nice size, quite plump but when I was about 13-14 I was talking to my friends, minding my own business when this girl who I had apparently wronged in some way punched me in the face & now I have a big ugly scar that has made my lips slightly wonky. For a while it didn't bother me but for the past 2 years it makes me incredibly self conscious.
One of the biggest reasons why I hardly wear lipstick is that I just don't feel confident enough to draw attention to my lips, even though I've been told its not noticeable..to me its like it has a huge sign saying "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" I've also been told that the holes from my piercings should make me more uncomfortable but I loved my facial piercings but I just had them so long & fancied a change, with the scar I had no choice in having it & didn't particularly want that girl to be violent towards me.



I wasn't going to post about this particular issue but the last couple of days, I have felt worse about the scar. Probably since I took photos for My Lipstick Collection post & noticed just how wonky my lips are. I took so many photos but none of them were perfect & no matter how many times I applied the lipstick it just looked the same or worse than the last photo. I would really like to be confident enough to be able to wear lipstick & not be self conscious about the scar.

If you would like to read the first post of this series click here.


♡

2 comments:

  1. I think your lips are lovely, I would never have noticed the scars without you saying!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    I suppose its just one of those things that I think stands out more than it probably does but I don't know, it seems huge to me. :/

    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric