An Introduction to makeup | Welcome to the wonderful world of beauty

Saturday, 30 March 2013


Photo from weheartit, edited by me.

Hey Dolls.
I often write posts about beauty thinking my readers will know exactly what I'm talking about but what if you have just started getting into make up & you wanted some advice on what products you actually need. I have a lot of make up, I don't need it all, I sometimes think what it would be like just to have one of everything, instead of 5 or 6. It seems perfect but then again with every brand coming out with amazing products left, right & center I think it would be quite hard not to buy it all to try out.

 So instead of jumping into the foundation section, I would start of with a BB cream, it looks more natural & wont be to heavy on your skin. I recommend the Superdrug 5 in 1 BB Cream I had a couple of samples of this & I loved it, it conceals imperfections, boosts radiance and smooths the complexion. With SPF 15, it helps to protect against sun damage and premature skin aging whilst also providing 24 hour hydration.


If you do need concealer try the Natural Collection Cover Up Stick, I don't really use concealer but if I do need a little, I always use this. It covers all of my blemishes & dark circles without using to much product. 

If you have oily skin or just want a matte finish, use the Collection 2000 Pressed Powder, it leaves a very natural finish, doesn't look cakey & helps my makeup to last longer  

On to blush, Its really important to find the right shade for you or find one that suites most skin tones. I recommend the Revlon Matte Powder Blush, in perfectly peach, it gives a nice natural finish & brightens up your complexion. You don't have to use a lot to get a nice colour payoff.

For eyeshadow, I recommend the MUA Heaven & Earth Palette, it has 12 lovely natural shades that look amazing swept across the lid & it lasts all day without you having to re apply it. 

Mascara is a tough one, there is so many different kinds, think about what you want from a mascara. Do you want it to give more volume or length to your lashes or do you want it to do both? Do you want a waterproof mascara? Superdrug always has an amazing range of mascara's so have a little look around & see which one you think you need to achieve what you want. Hello Kitty Volume Mascara is great for volume, Rimmel Extra Superlash Mascara is good for lengthening & NYC Big Bold Mascara is good for both.

For lips, I recommend Nivea Lip Butter - Raspberry Rose, it melts instantly into your lips leaving them feeling soft and smooth. It has Shea Butter and Almond Oil that works to intensively nourish, providing long-lasting moisture. It has a subtle pink tint & leaves a very pretty shine.

So that's 7 products to get you started, I hope this helped to make it less over whelming.
 
 Let me know if you enjoyed reading this post (:

♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric